Meet Tiffany Russo, a yoga teacher on a mission to align your mind and body both on and off the yoga mat. Rooted in SMARTflow and based in LA, Tiff lives her practice both on a yoga mat, laughing with great friends and riding the waves on a surfboard. Read on about her bliss...
What rocks your bliss?
Simple Connection: With self, with friends, with strangers.
A Good Laugh: That cheeks hurt kinda laugh.
Learning: The curiosity to ask questions.
Describe your perfect day.
The perfect day?! Wow ok... I wake up early enough when it is still quiet out in the world. Sip my Yerba Mate tea and take a class with my teacher, Annie Carpenter, which always makes me feel at peace and reconnected. Then to the beach! Dig my toes in the layer of sand that is cool under the sun kissed top layer. Take a nap. A nap on the beach is just the perfect bliss! That kind where you drool and wake up as if you had been sleeping for days. Then some time in the recharging ocean water. The water, salt in my hair and sand on my skin, that, describes the perfect day.
Share a huge goal you are rocking.
Just one? Oh my... Can I give you two?
1) Working on finding balance. There has to be a sweet spot of work and play and quiet me time. It may be a life long goal but I'm not giving up on this one!
2) Surfing. I have always wanted to learn growing up in LA, and I just started a year ago. I am fully 100% in love and committed to the process of learning everything about something that I admire, respect so much and don't fully understand. I'm so curious and to me that keeps me excited!
If you could get on a plane right now, where are you going?
To a beach. Where I can go surfing and take a nap on the sand and then maybe have a fish taco or two with a cerveza!
How do you handle setbacks?
Get quiet. Get grounded. Connect with friends. And begin again.
3 ways you rock the self LOVE.
1) YOGA. Not only is it self love, it is world love.
2) ACCEPTANCE. Reminding myself daily that perfection is not only overrated, but also unattractive and quite frankly-exhausting.
3. LAUGHTER. If you can't laugh at the little things, at yourself, then life can get too heavy. And that can weigh a lot.
Links on Links:
Tiffany Russo Yoga . com