Meet Nancy Sheridan Perry. Known as the Iron Fairy, Nancy is the co-Owner of Houston’s yoga studio, Big Power Yoga, an igolu Leader and has a Texas-sized heart. I (Jacki Carr) met Nance traveling with imagine1day in Ethiopia, Africa and when you do a trip like that you are immediate friend on level infinity. She is a stand for possibility, a voice for connection and one bright yogi, read on to learn how crafts her bliss!
What rocks your bliss?
SO many things. A sweaty, breath-filled, rockin’ yoga class (as a student or a teacher!). Dancing. Having intimate and authentic conversations with my husband. Visiting my family. Having dinner parties. Driving in my car and talking to my mom daily (on bluetooth!). Traveling. Reading. GOALS! GOALS! GOALS! And my biggest passion is leading others into something they didn’t even see as a possibility- either in the yoga room, or a yoga teacher training. Including that feeling that I get when my world gets shattered and something new becomes possible.
Describe your perfect day.
1.Wake up to no alarm in any remote beach town and cuddle with my husband and puppies.
2. A sweaty yoga practice with my closest friends and family, co-lead by all of my favorite teachers, followed by a goals check-in/ tweak with my teacher, Susanne Conrad!
3. A brunch with all the same people, prepared by my favorite chef, Anita Jasisinghani, owner of Pondicheri in Houston. (http://www.pondichericafe.com)
4. Beach time with my husband and family. Reading, swimming, and a long walk. Followed by sunset cocktails with the gang.
5. GAME NIGHT! On the outdoor patio of the beach house.
6. Dessert. Something chocolate.
7. Sleep. Repeat.
Share a huge goal you are rocking.
To have a child and start my family. To expand my business and launch a new vision and goals brand within it.
If you could get on a plane right now, where are you going?
Sayulita, Mexico (thanks for the inspiration, Jacki Carr!)
How do you handle setbacks?
I take the time to ask myself “what are all the good things that could be coming as a result of this?” Even when the situation is super challenging, I can always find an answer. I trust in my inner “Happy Face God,” and listen for what to do. I ask myself what didn’t work that lead to the setback, and why it did not work. I use the learnings to inform my future choices. I also use meditation, mind gems, yoga, and any form of excercise to get out of my head and into my body, which always resets me and gets me clear.
3 ways you rock the self LOVE.
1. Yoga every day. My life works when I get on my mat.
2. Taking the time to pick out outfits I love- even if I am only going out of the house for a little while. I love loving what I am wearing!
3. Having a glass of wine at the end of my day as I read or watch Mad Men with my husband :).